[UK-CONTEST] SSB AFS - G4EOF

PETER CLEALL peter.cleall at virgin.net
Sun Jan 16 00:58:25 PST 2011

thanks to all those who encouraged me to have a go. I really enjoyed myself
and managed a total of 81 Q's.  As you predicted the AFS was a totally
different from the 80mCC . I have learnt so much from the 2 contests and the
comments about the various experiences that you have all had.

As I was expecting to work more short distance signals I decided to modify
my longwire performance by lengthening and raising the counterpoise. Or to
be more accurate my wife did the mods for me, her comment was that when she
agreed " through sickness and health" She did not expect it to include
modification of antennas.

I managed to work virtually everything I heard so next steps will be to
improve the antenna.

thanks
peter G8AFN