[UK-CONTEST] 23cm UKAC - Report

Ray James gm4cxm at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 19 08:13:12 PST 2011

Last night's 23cm UKAC was absolutely bristling with activity despite conditions being indifferent.

The new M5 multiplier appears to have been very well received in the UKAC's with the abstention of a few in the South East being more than made up by increased interest elsewhere. This was observed during this months 2m and 70cm UKAC's and it is pleasing to note the same occur on 23cm.

Aircraft were initially available in abudence and these came in very useful to reflect off to net IO91, IO92, JO22 and JO45 in the first hour. As flight numbers reduced, as did a lot of long haul possibilities.

Activity from Scotland was the highest I have seen with at least 12 stations active and looking for contacts to provide competitors with a multiplier. Commiserations must go to Martin GM8IEM in IO78 who was present for the whole duration and as far as I am aware, unable to make one contact despite a number of attempts.

GM0USI   IO75       7
GM7GDE   IO75      22
GM0UHC   IO85      52
GM4PPT   IO75      56
GM4GUF   IO85      58
GM8OTI   IO85      68
GM4YLN   IO85      68
GM4BYF   IO85      73
GM4JR    IO85     111
GM3SEK   IO74     135
G8PNN    IO95     190
G8CYW    IO94     195
G3JYP    IO84     196
G4KUX    IO94     214
G8KBH    IO83     247
G4HGI    IO83     294
G8XVJ    IO83     307
GW8ASD   IO83     332
G4CBW    IO83     347
G3NEO    IO93     350
G4AGE    IO93     367
2E1EUB   IO92     367
G8OHM    IO92     425
G4BRK    IO91     517
G8DKK    IO91     518
M0GHZ    IO81     521
G0MJW    IO91     523
G4EAT    JO01     572
PA0EHG   JO22     729
OZ1FF    JO45     782

A map of contacts can be seen at http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http://www.rsgbcc.org/vhf/kml_files/2011/3ImMOKsGrAx0M4fIAPvt4bBenxRG5ni

I did manage to find a Non Intentional Score Enhancement!
After submitting my entry through the web based logger I noticed a locator I'd typed wrong gave me 11 multipliers instead of 12. On correcting the mistake and resubmitting the log my multiplier number jumped to 14 so obviously took into account the 2 non-UK squares worked as well. So, anyone looking at the claimed score page please appreciate the score is higher than it should be. It has been reported.

73 Ray GM4CXM