[UK-CONTEST] interface problem

David G3YYD g3yyd at btinternet.com
Sat Jan 22 02:01:43 PST 2011

Roger

Do you really need to use FSK? It is better to use AFSK as this gives
more operational flexibility and avoids the FSK problem. However I know
some rigs do not allow the narrow filters to be used with AFSK/SSB.
(Please identify the rig to users if this is the case and they will know
not to buy such a limited rig)

FSK/N1MM/MMTTY needs to use a dedicated serial port for the FSK shift.
It cannot share the port with anything else. You also need to have the
dedicated bit of software that goes with MMTTY for FSK. Sorry cannot
remember the name of this software as I have always used AFSK and have
never used FSK. Then need to set up the DI configuration for FSK. It is
fully documented how to do this in the N1MM internet help.

If you want to get dedicated help with N1MM and MMTTY for FSK then join
this yahoo group:

If you do a message search for FSK you will find huge number of messages
on this topic.

73 David