[UK-CONTEST] Ending Time

Tim Hugill tim04 at swandhams.com
Sun Jan 23 09:36:37 PST 2011

And then to cap it all ....

G4FJK/p is out on his lonely hill-top, and just as the CT1 calls, the laptop
battery goes flat.  What to do ?
Oh, how I wish I had brought my trusty Timex and a pencil & paper ....

Hears looking forward to the opening of the VHF contest season.

73
Tim G4FJK

I can just imagine ............... it's the peak of the Es season but sadly
24 hours has elapsed without DX, and with precisely one minute of the
contest remaining, a CT1 calls you on 2m. There's plenty of time to complete
the standard exchange, except that he spends 65 seconds explaining how
pleased he is to work you, first G station ever, etc, etc.

Then he remembers that you need a contest report ...........

Poor chap probably doesn't even know what time the contest finishes.

John G4ZTR