[UK-CONTEST] Channel rights?

Jonathan G0DVJ g0dvj at amsat.org
Mon Jan 31 10:43:08 PST 2011

I have had the case a number of times when I haven't left the frequency but rather have stopped to listen to a weak/slow/both station replying to me or repeating something for the nth time and have then had to make the decision whether to lose him by sending AS (wait) or (QRL) in response to a QRL? over the top therefore abandoning reception or what normally happens continue to listen and then the person who asked doesn't hear him or me and therefore starts calling.  I think generally a double check of the frequency is in order and some humility if you don't hear the guy immediately reply YES but then hear him on the frequency.

Otherwise I agree with the comments already made.  With SO2R/SO2V you take a risk and must accept the consequence when you lose it!

Without knowing what was actually the case .. and how long there was between the station in Peter's case responding ... its impossible to say who was unreasonable :)

Jonathan G0DVJ