[UK-CONTEST] Contest exchanges & computer logging

Tony Collett tony.nbs at btinternet.com
Mon Jul 4 13:05:25 PDT 2011

Use the same system at ZAP - ensures both ops agree on info received and any uncertainties can be queried at the time of the QSO avoiding the need for the dreaded repeat everything back syndrome.

Like others I can't understand the info being sent in random order - every paper log sheet or computer log I've seen lists them in the correct order so it must come down to lack of listening and training. Hats off to G3VER for showing the way forward?

Other bug bear I have is the lack of understanding of the phrases "please repeat info many times your very weak" or "please give a long call while we try and peak you up" - 99% of the time it ensures the other station only ever comes back with their call just once (and if your lucky your own call several times). Never worked out how <5W can apparantly be heard at our end better than our QRO can be heard by them.

Just love the new laws of propogation since I got my licence!

Other than that, nice fun weekend in the sunshine for a change

Regards all
Tony