[UK-CONTEST] CQ Calls - a plea

Chris G4FZN ukcontest at mailbox01.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jul 5 03:34:53 PDT 2011

G3LVP wrote:

> I miss the days when the actual location was required as part of the
> exchange, that could be a real challenge with some groups being really
> inventive with their location  (15km W of Scares - Where the .... that?)

... so do I. (But only for VHF NFD and not needing to be cross-checked).
It was the only way I discovered where Alnwick was!

Likewise, I find "Good morning/afternoon, thanks for the call - you are..."
quite a useful phrase to use when there is time. It could just persuade a
"listener" to come on and give you a few points. I don't consider the extra
few words as a waste of time.

--
Chris
G4FZN