[UK-CONTEST] BERU UBN?

G4LMW g4lmw at btconnect.com
Mon Jul 18 09:29:19 PDT 2011

Ah, I see

Indeed, I have done the same (at HF). On many occasions, the distant station
consistently (though not always) sends some of their info incorrectly. This
is clear from the other logs. A good example is a portable station not
always sending the "/P". If a good proportion of the logs have the call
without the suffix, then I would score both versions as correct.

Likewise, if a station is clearly sending serials incorrectly (in other
words, they consistently appear incorrect in many other logs) then the same
applies and I would remove all penalties.

However, Andy's point seemed to suggest that a single error in his log might
be attributable to the distant station. This may well be so, but we have to
draw the line somewhere and without evidence of multiple errors in other
logs, the QSO would be busted.

Rob, G4LMW