[UK-CONTEST] BERU UBN

dave daveg3tbk at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 19 03:09:20 PDT 2011

It has been suggested that the Adjudicators ignore logged RS(T).
Can that be confirmed or denied please? It seems to me unreasonable that
a QSO should score zero points if a single digit in the serial is wrong
but a mis-copied report is ignored.

During the recent LP Contest there were many exchanges of report that
were not 5nn, so will they be checked?
Incidentally I experienced instances of stations giving me 599 and
asking thrice for repeats! No wonder the anti-contestors mock us. Surely
in a low-power contest with low QSO rates it is reasonable to expect not
all reports will be 5nn. There was time to discuss the Mother-in-laws
dog's latest illness, so don't tell me a couple of extra key-strokes
would have impacted on QSO numbers!

Returning to the issue of Serial Numbers, I have had UBN reports showing
busted QSOs were the RX signal is read as (for example) "10" when it
should have apparently been "09" .
That can't be mis-reading or mis-typing but surely must be an issue with
the transmitting station.

73 Dave