[UK-CONTEST] Contest logger comparisons

Alan Ibbetson alan at g3xaq.net
Fri Jun 17 12:37:42 PDT 2011

> For anyone interested in a recent comparison between three contest logging
> programmes (not all available programmes are compared), take a look at the
> following presentations from Pete N4ZR. ( I read the 'reformatted option')
>
> http://pvrc.org/n4zr/dayton_2011_presentations.htm

On page 49 of 59 in the "reformatted" pdf, N4ZR says Win-Test can send
a different serial number to the one logged. I'm an N1MM man myself,
due to an inherent Yorkshireman's thrift, but this sounds like a
pretty serious bug in Win-Test. Have any of the Win-Test users here
observed it or can they shed light on the cicumstances under which it
happens?

73,

Alan G3XAQ