[UK-CONTEST] ARRL - still time for some fun

David G3YYD g3yyd at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 7 04:01:54 PST 2011

I try to motivate local club members into contesting by suggesting they
come on at the end of large 48 hour contests. Nothing like those big
antenna arrays to hear weak signals when no one else is calling. With
hopefully SFI going up and staying higher than last few years the HF
bands will sparkle. This is ideal for small garden antennas. I worked
more Qs on 15m than 20m and I cannot remember when that last happened.
Even 10m was open and I even worked 3 calls on 5 bands (did not stay up
late enough to try 160m).

I heard one G station with a 3 letter suffix using /P after his (their?)
call.  It took him forever to say his call compared to a SCC. Been me I
would not have used the /P.

73 David G3YYD