[UK-CONTEST] ARRL DX SSB interesting exchange

Andrew ac6wi at comcast.net
Mon Mar 7 15:38:15 PST 2011

I had an interesting exchange with someone who was operating from a UK
club station using a SCC over the weekend.

His call appeared in the packet window as an unworked call so I jumped
to it, confirmed the call in the spot was correct, then called him.  He
comes back "W3LPL, sorry we've worked before, QRZ".  I go back to him,
"no we haven't worked, you're not in my log, you're 59MD".  He then says
again that we have worked before and he refuses to work me again and
won't give me a report, even after I remind him that because he is not
in my log he would get a NIL penalty.... Seriously, do people not work
it again if there is any doubt?  Isn't that the conventional wisdom?

I suspect he really worked W2LPL who was active over the weekend as
well.  I had one station comment to me that he had now worked W2LPL and
W3LPL :)  Either way, the guy is taking a hit!

Vy 73,

Andrew AC6WI / GI0NWG
One of the 20m ops at W3LPL this weekend