[UK-CONTEST] Long calls.

Andy Cunningham andyc at cunningham.me.uk
Tue Mar 8 03:19:41 PST 2011

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 9:33 PM, Bernie McIntosh (GM4WZG) <gm4wzg at kars.org.uk
> wrote:

> Fortunately, although now resident in GM, my licence states "G4WZG"
> otherwise I presume I would have to sign EA1/GM4WZG/P ? Or do all secondary
> modifiers get dropped when working abroad ? Perhaps some knowledgable
> person
> might want to confirm this. Its always fun asking for knowledgable folk to
> answer on this reflector :-). Cue different points of view..... At least
> there can only be two points of view in this case. Or does someone want to
> debate that point....

Using anything other than the callsign printed on your licence (which I
assume is G4WZG, even though the address is in Scotland) is going to cause
confusion if you have to produce the licence for the local authorities, so I
would say to use what it says on your licence document.

Andy

--
Andy Cunningham
andyc at cunningham.me.uk