[UK-CONTEST] I am not selling

Cocks, Stephen J stephen.cocks at Honeywell.com
Mon Mar 21 01:39:17 PDT 2011

Hi All,

Just put a message on your QRZ entry as follows: 'I do not buy or sell amateur radio equipment'

Hopefully anyone would look at your entry on QRZ first and see the above.

73 Steve G4ZUL

-----Original Message-----
From: uk-contest-bounces at contesting.com [mailto:uk-contest-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of STEVE JONES
Sent: 20 March 2011 16:36
To: John Lemay; uk-contest at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [UK-CONTEST] I am not selling

Thanks for the heads up John, although I doubt any on here would fall for that
one. However, some poor VK station did when a similar skammer used my details
off qrz.com and a dodgy gmail email address in my name and he lost several
hundred dollars plus the cost of an expensive irate phone call to my home number
to berate me for not sending an amp I have never owned. The western union
payment was collected in east London area. I subsequently contacted google to
request they close down the scammers email address but they were less than
helpful, so I told them I was closing down my google account in disgust at their
lack of interest in stopping fraudsters. I also had emails from a ZS and EA8
station enquiring about items I was not selling, but luckily they chose to check
using the qrz.com email address and so did not pay any money out. I have since
removed my address from qrz.com.

The world is full of some right barstewards!

73

Steve GW0GEI