[UK-CONTEST] RSGB Contest News

Ed -- GW3SQX g3sqx at edtaylor.org
Sun Mar 27 23:49:04 PDT 2011

News from the RSGB Contest Committee

A reminder that the first SSB RoPoCo takes place this coming Sunday
evening, the 3rd April -- www.rsgbcc.org/hf/rules/2011/rropoco.shtml
<http://www.rsgbcc.org/hf/rules/2011/rropoco.shtml>.  Even if you have
misgivings, give it a try, and please remember that the power limit is
now 100 watts.  We will be inviting entrants from the 80m Club
Championship to try something different with this contest, so we are
asking the Old Hands on this reflector to join in and show them how it's
done!

The results of the first AFS Super League are now available at
www.rsgbcc.org/vhf/results/11/AFSsuperleague.html
<http://www.rsgbcc.org/vhf/results/11/AFSsuperleague.html> .  Some clubs
made a point of getting their members to participate on HF, VHF and UHF
-- Bristol Contest Group managed to become the first "AFS Contest Club
of the Year" with an excellent score.  There was a welcome increase in
entrants for the 2m and 70cm AFS contests, although the 80m
participation remained pretty constant.  We look forward to more clubs
crossing the 30MHz divide for the next AFS Super League.

73,

Ed Taylor, GW3SQX
Chairman, RSGB Contest Committee