[UK-CONTEST] GR Callsigns in a contest

Chris Tran GM3WOJ zl1ct1 at gm7v.com
Tue May 3 08:40:02 PDT 2011

Hi Garo et al

I guess the thinking of the Contest Committee (which is probably correct) is
that any special prefix might make that station more attractive to callers
than a day-to-day prefix.  For example, our club callsign GS2MP creates an
instant pile-up every time it is used.

So, I don't think it is a case of 'not flying the flag' - more trying to
keep things are equal as possible.

Did some S&P from here - some poor operating heard - when you hear the end
of a QSO and 'QRZ' once, you think 'OK they will give the callsign next
time' - when you hear 'QRZ' again a second time, you think 'poor operator' ,
when you hear it a third time with no ID, you turn the VFO !

73
Chris
GM3WOJ