[UK-CONTEST] 21/28 MHZ - C4Z

brian coyne g4odv at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Oct 2 12:00:31 PDT 2011

Depite many annoying interruptions from domestic qrm I enjoyed this event, first time I have been able to do a contest since Beru back in March.

With cndx on the up 10 mtrs was better of the two bands but I imagine that close in mlts were scarce for uk as propagation was quite long, nevertheless there should be a good number of dx stns in the UK logs. 3D2R was incredibly loud on 10mtrs around 11/12z, whilst non uk callers were a nuisance and a distraction, I couldn't resist bagging that one.

I was pleased to work 6 uk dxcc, never heard GD (were you on Bob?) GI4DOH was a beacon pretty much throughout, shame he only wkd 15m, and also it was pleasing to note that the new generation of M0's were very much in evidence, 2 or 3 of them had outstanding sigs on both bands for long periods.

I think the HFCC can postpone that review  for the next few years

Final count

10mtrs - qso' 92 - mlts 58  - pts 276

15mtrs - qso 78 -  mlts 51 - pts 234

Total qso - 170 - mlts - 109 - pts 510