[UK-CONTEST] SSB FD GW6GW/P

Steve GW4BLE steve.gw4ble at btconnect.com
Mon Sep 5 05:03:10 PDT 2011

This was a fun weekend for members of the Blackwood & District ARS (GW6GW),
it  wasn't a hard-core competitive entry but a group of lads (and lasses)
out to enjoy the camaraderie of a club event, making some contacts and
enjoying the barbeque.

That said, some planning went into the effort and  despite serious
RF-in-the-shack  problems crashing the computer network, we made mends,
battled on  and overall the claimed score is up on last year.

Speaking as a contest addict of many years standing, I'm heartened to see
the enthusiasm for HF contesting being shown by the recently licensed
members at the club,  - long may it continue.

Bnd     Qs      Pts   DXC
  3.5     175    808   23
    7     208    860   24
   14     179    710   39
   21      34    116   20
   28      11     40    6
Total      607   2534  112

Score: 283,808

2W0AIO.
MW3YLO.
MW6JKG.
MW0CVT, MW0TTU, MW0LAO, MW0LLO, MW0MWZ, MW0MAU, MW0RZC.
GW0RYT, GW0NPL.
GW4HBK, GW4BLE, GW4FCV, GW4ROV.
GW7VQD

Steve