[UK-CONTEST] SSB FD GW6GW/P

Alex GM3ZBE alex at gm3zbe.plus.com
Mon Sep 5 11:02:04 PDT 2011

I wish I could say the same about enthusiastic contesters at our club
(recently licensed or otherwise) we seem to be flogging a dead horse,
people are just not interested.
Alex

On 05/09/2011 13:03, Steve GW4BLE wrote:
> This was a fun weekend for members of the Blackwood&  District ARS (GW6GW),
> it  wasn't a hard-core competitive entry but a group of lads (and lasses)
> out to enjoy the camaraderie of a club event, making some contacts and
> enjoying the barbeque.
>
> That said, some planning went into the effort and  despite serious
> RF-in-the-shack  problems crashing the computer network, we made mends,
> battled on  and overall the claimed score is up on last year.
>
> Speaking as a contest addict of many years standing, I'm heartened to see
> the enthusiasm for HF contesting being shown by the recently licensed
> members at the club,  - long may it continue.
>
> Bnd     Qs      Pts   DXC
>    3.5     175    808   23
>      7     208    860   24
>     14     179    710   39
>     21      34    116   20
>     28      11     40    6
> Total      607   2534  112
>
> Score: 283,808
>
> 2W0AIO.
> MW3YLO.
> MW6JKG.
> MW0CVT, MW0TTU, MW0LAO, MW0LLO, MW0MWZ, MW0MAU, MW0RZC.
> GW0RYT, GW0NPL.
> GW4HBK, GW4BLE, GW4FCV, GW4ROV.
> GW7VQD
>

> Steve
> GW4BLE

73 Alex, GM3ZBE ~~~ Kingdom of Fife ~~~ IO86lf ~~~
Member of:
De Montfort University ARS, GMDX Group, CDXC, RSGB
A founder member Kingdom Amateur Radio Society (KARS)
Holder of GM4BRN club call http://www.kars.org.uk/
Previous callsigns GM8BYG, G3ZBE

Remember..............It's only a hobby!
When the going get's tough..........take a nap!!