[UK-CONTEST] 144MHz Trophy - lack of UK activity

Robert Chipperfield robert at syxis.co.uk
Wed Sep 7 07:54:07 PDT 2011

Hi all,

First-off, SSB FD is co-ordinated with IARU Region 1 FD.

Secondly, we found it was actually rather nice to have both events
running concurrently at the same site: it meant that those who had
previously only experienced HF contesting were able to try their hand on
2m, and vice versa.

I realise that an absolutely top-scoring entry will probably only want
to concentrate on one of the contests, but for those who are less
experienced, merging the two contests into one weekend is rather useful
in terms of man-power: it means we only need to get a team of people to
lend a hand raising masts etc. for one weekend rather than two!

Cheers,
Rob, M0VFC (G3PYE/P & G6PYE/P - report to follow!)