[UK-CONTEST] RSGB 21/28 contest - WAB?

Darren Collins (G0TSM) daz at g0tsm.com
Sat Aug 4 02:34:32 PDT 2012

I've been browsing through the results of the 2011 RSGB 21/28 contest.
One of the soapbox comments mentions sending WAB as opposed to district
codes (Which was changed from county codes). This got my interest as I
was asked for my WAB square a few times in the IOTA contest. So why do
we send an exchange which no one (I'm aware of) collects? Perhaps we
should send our 4-digit WAB square but only the first two letters are
the mults, this would make around 63 mults available as opposed to 124
district codes, but may drum up more interest as there seems to be a WAB
following.

73 Darren G0TSM / M7X