[UK-CONTEST] Short Contest Call - Disadvantage

Nigel G3TXF nigel at G3TXF.com
Wed Aug 8 10:17:03 PDT 2012

Mike,

If these three QSOs are QSLed (for G3P) in LoTW but are then shown as Not-in-Logs in G3P's UBN, it suggests that each station up-loaded their log to LoTW before eye-balling and (presumably) making a (false) correction to their own CQWW logs. This sequence of events seems unlikely. The reverse would be more logical, i.e fixing the log first and then up-loading it to both CQ and LoTW.  It'll be interesting to hear what the CQWW people come back with on this.

73 - Nigel OE5/G3TXF

  ---- Original Message -----
  From: Mike Chamberlain
  To: uk-contest at contesting.com
  Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2012 10:38 PM
  Subject: [UK-CONTEST] Short Contest Call - Disadvantage

  I've just been checking my CQWW CW 2011 personalized report (formerly UBN).
  There are three 'Not in Logs', C6AAW, RG9A and NN1N. All three have already
  confirmed the QSOs using LOTW. My assumption is that during their post
  contest log checking they decided that G3P was a busted call - very
  depressing, especially as C6 was a multiplier.

  Is there any value in reporting this to the contest organisers with a
  request that those operators receive a warning?

  73
  Mike /G3WPH /G3P