[UK-CONTEST] G4DEZ SK

philhss at tpg.com.au philhss at tpg.com.au
Sat Aug 18 16:13:54 PDT 2012

Very sad news.

A number of years ago, I did a UHF contest with Bryn, Martin G4XUM, Chris G0FDZ and I think Ian
G0AFH from Bryn's place.

As I recall, the wx was poor - but with a bit of DX aside (even after my hoebrew 70cms amp
refused to tune properly!!), the main aspect of the weekend that sticks in my mind was the social
side of it.

On Saturday night, with the bands long since producing their familiar white noise, Bryn produced a
number of the biggest steaks I've ever seen. Half a cow on a plate. Superb...... We ragchewed DX
until the wee hours and polished off a bottle or two along the way....

RIP Bryn.

Phil
G0HSS / VK4BAA / VK4KW