[UK-CONTEST] N1MM and IPv6

Stewart Rolfe gw0etf at btinternet.com
Tue Aug 21 03:52:21 EDT 2012

I tried to configure a 2 radio/pc set up for IOTA with cluster access via telnet on the 'master' and crossed ethernet between the 2 computers. That didn't work and *would* require a router; the local networking got screwed up and the master network number would be reported as 17 which indicates that machine couldn't be found in the network table (and Qs made on that machine are therefore beyond the reach of editing etc). According to N2IC one of the N1MM coders, N1MM networking is not designed to be used with more than one network interface on any pc, and that was the problem. Solution is to use a router.
BTW, the ip addresses you describe indicate Internet Connection Sharing. As I understand it you *don't* manually allocate an address to the slave machine, the 192.168.0.1 master needs to do that automatically.
No computer expert, just my recent experiences.....
73,Stewart, GW0ETF