[UK-CONTEST] GM4FAM SK

alannottage at aol.com alannottage at aol.com
Fri Aug 24 10:22:58 EDT 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Summers <g4kno.mail at gmail.com>
To: uk-contest <uk-contest at contesting.com>
Sent: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 13:07
Subject: Re: [UK-CONTEST] GM4FAM SK

Andy wrote:

...I first met Cris at SSB Field Day in 1980, when I was 15...

Continuing the thread also, I too would have been the same age when I first met him, possibly in even the same year as Geoff.  I do know that the theme was VHF and it was in my elmer's shack, together with some other 'young guns' from Cray Valley RS who were visiting also.

>...it all seemed rather cool.

Ditto :>)

V. sad news...

Al G0XBV

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 9:54 AM, Chris Tran GM3WOJ <gm3woj at christran.net>wrote:
> Hello all

 I am sorry to tell you that our good friend Cris Henderson GM4FAM died
 peacefully
 last night in Raigmore Hospital, Inverness.

 Cris was one of the top CW DXers in the UK and will be sadly missed.

 73
 Chris
 GM3WOJ