[UK-CONTEST] GM4FAM SK

Dave Sharred g3nkc at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 24 11:25:05 EDT 2012

Another who is shocked to hear this.

I knew (of) Chris when we were both SWL's in the early 1970's, and used to
write our bits for Bob Treacher, and compete in the SWL tables.  Although we
worked on the air; we probably didn't meet until 1991; at GW8GT for a CQWW
we were involved in.  I met and worked Cris many times since then.

I knew of his health issues; and I knew that things had turned when I met
him this year at GMDX, although I expected that he would bounce back. As
ever, we had a chat about DX matters, and also about football - he had a big
interest in this, as did I !

He will sorely be missed; a great DXer and a top bloke for  sure

Dave G3NKC