[UK-CONTEST] SSB FD And G4ARN/P

Christopher Soames semaos at semaos.plus.com
Fri Aug 31 04:23:48 EDT 2012

Hi all, well as usual Norfolk Amateur Radio Club (NARC) G4ARN/P will be
partaking of SSB FD this weekend.
We will also once again be using the event as a training exercise to
introduce more club members into the realms of SSB Contesting. (Ready
for the CC's next year).
As usual we will be entering this contest purely for the sport as
geographically we never really stand a chance of winning, it is also the
best place to support new operators in a friendly yet competitive arena,
have a laugh, take the juice and play radio.
To date we have 20 operators of which 50% will be new to contesting,
just need to help them build up the confidence for next years CC's (need
to increase logs in the CC's).

Once again we will be at our Chairman's works field at Great Ellingham
in Norfolk.
This year it is being held in conjunction with the Club Radio Active
weekend, where the Chairman G7URP throws open his works premises to all
club members and guests.
We have 2 days of talks, films, workshops, Fox hunts and any other
events that members what to indulge in. Oh! and an SSB FD station nearby.
Camping on site is available free of charge, catering is arranged for
Saturday night followed by a Movie (outside, (weather permitting), Bacon
Butties for Sunday breakfast and a free Sunday lunch thrown in as well.
SSB FD this year is really an all involved club event.

Look forward to working you all at some stage over the weekend.

Chris
G0TZZ

--
Regards from