[UK-CONTEST] UK-Contest Digest, Vol 116, Issue 43

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Fri Aug 31 07:11:35 EDT 2012

Those figures of course are for LICENCES not individuals. In recent
years the practice of holding several calls, eg
Foundation/Intermediate/Foundation has grown. It also includes club
calls, again many with multiple calls. Foundation numbers in particular
have grown, but we see very few of those in contests (or in quite a lot
of cases nowhere else, they get their ticket and disappear).

What would be useful would be the number of individual licence holders,
and the number of those actually active on the bands, information that
is probably not available.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com