[UK-CONTEST] UK-Contest Digest, Vol 116, Issue 44

G0RPM g0rpm at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Aug 31 12:07:53 EDT 2012

Sorry for butting in but...

When considering whether the numbers of licensed amateurs are growing or
declining, surely it's more important to compare the numbers year on year?
The fact that the absolute numbers include SKs and "extra" callsigns is that
important, because this will be the case in each of the last few years.
Therefore, the numbers do look to me as if they are improving.

I am a member to 3 different clubs and whilst two are declining in
membership - dieing or dying as you wish ;-), the third's membership is
increasing regularly as members invest the time and effort in running all
levels of licensing course.

73

Nigel, G0RPM