[UK-CONTEST] EU Field Day Results - DARC

QUENTIN COLLIER q.g.collier at btinternet.com
Sun Jul 1 01:35:52 PDT 2012

It's worth noting that the results published on the DARC website are claimed scores, rather than adjudicated ones, and as such can be produced pretty quickly after the closing date for log submissions. Adjudicated logs inevitably take longer to publish, as every potential error flagged by the adjudication software has to be looked at individually by the adjudicator.

I'm not quite sure why Chris has chosen to put "volunteers" in inverted commas - to me, that implies that they're not really volunteers.....please be assured Chris that all the CC members are indeed volunteers: and they all have things in their life other than CC business.

On the subject of lead times, and while posting to UK CONTEST anyway, to avoid questions at a later stage I'd like to make a point about the adjudication of HF NFD. As many readers will be aware, for CW FD, SSB FD and possibly other IARU coordinated events, we exchange logs with the other R1 National Societies to provide a bigger pool of contacts for checking, thus allowing our adjudications to be more thorough. For instance based on an exercise a few years ago, from memory we were able to cross check just over 60% of  contacts, whereas adjudication based on only UK logs would have reduced the proportion of checkable contacts to rather less than 20 per cent. Clearly adjudication cannot start until all the non UK logs are in, and the last of these usually arrive about 7 July. But then it's all systems go....and that's also why I'm going away for a few days holiday as of tomorrow!

73,

Quin G3WRR
NFD adjudicator