[UK-CONTEST] Non-conducting guy ropes for towers - your experience needed!

Kerr, Prof. K.M. k.kerr at abdn.ac.uk
Mon Jul 16 06:39:10 PDT 2012

Hi  all,
I need to source some non-conducting rope for the top guy set of a P80.
Phillystran seems to be the 'standard' but I cannot see any sign of a UK source, only Array Solutions in W5. That is fine but I was hoping for a UK source to assist logistics and maybe cost.

Does anyone know of a source in the UK?

Or know of a source of an alternative and have experience of same?

I heard about stuff called Parafil. But not sure about how it compares to steel in terms of strength etc so it is hard to judge. Parafil website not hugely helpful in that regard. I am in touch with the company but I need hands-on experiences.

Maybe off-reflector replies would be better, but happy to share what I learn - if anything.

Many thanks,

Keith GM4YXI

k.kerr at abdn.ac.uk