[UK-CONTEST] Two hour log deadline ... real progress!

mm0bqi mm0bqi at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jul 18 15:03:06 PDT 2012

Here, here!
I agree that there is a place in the contest calendar for events such as
this.  Along with other measures it could help raise the bar within UK
contesting.  Submission times are too long and should be brought down. The
immediacy would bring a whole new fun element and as always if you don't
want to participate then don't!, but let's not pour cold water on what
could be an exciting event.
The adjudication software we currently use produces 'raw' results within
minutes. The adjudicators time is then spent examining and judging each
mismatch that the program highlights.  In my experience (80m CC and IOTA
adjudication)  very little changes position wise after the initial
adjudication process regardless of how deep or thorough the examination of
the logs is.  There are of course exceptions but an event like this would
have to trade a certain amount of adjudication accuracy for the immediacy
of the results.  The technology is available to receive logs, adjudicate,
produce results and to send UBNs within a couple of hours.
Sounds like a good bit of fun to me!
73
Jim,  MM0BQI