[UK-CONTEST] Two hour log deadline ... real progress!

mm0bqi mm0bqi at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jul 19 02:26:48 PDT 2012

Hi Peter
Your last line for me is very important in this discussion
Contesting is a very broad church and if there is demand then different
ideas should be tried and explored. Instant adjudication is not appropriate
in the majority of RSGB contests where the hours spent by adjudicators
ensure that these contests are very inclusive and very fair to everyone who
wants to submit a log.  In the next two months I will be part of the IOTA
contest adjudication team who will spend hundreds of hours adjudicating the
contest and feel this is right and proper for such a world class event.
The CC have been very successful in reducing deadlines and improving the
quality of log submission over the past few years.  As the CC systems and
technology develop I would see times continuing to reduce.
However sites like 'Get Scores' which give a running total of Qs and points
in certain contests coupled with very quick turn round of results are an
aspect of contesting that will work for some contests and appeal to certain
contesters.  I would certainly get a buzz from taking part in a contest and
then seeing the results within an hour or so.  Obviously everyone would
have to sign up to the fact that the software's word is final and no
discussions will be entered into..........
73
Jim,  MM0BQI