[UK-CONTEST] Assisted and Non-Assisted in RSGB Contests

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Thu Jul 26 08:35:45 PDT 2012

On 26/07/2012 16:18, Laurence Mason wrote:

> Doesn't rule 6 (b) cover it?

Yes, it does and N0, it doesn't.  The problem is
that some UK SO entrants in RSGB contests DO use
the RBN - for example in RSGB CC.  I know because
they find my puny signals in obscure parts of the
band during 80m CCs.  One or two extra QSOs in
these events can be the difference between winning
and not-winning.

Anyway (and nothing personal here) I think it's
naive to think this doesn't happen, especially
as it's so easy on the RBN - and just about
undetectable.

If there is a problem, ignoring won't make it go
away.  If there's not a problem, making entrants
confront the issue can't do any harm - hence
the question "Were you assisted" while creating
logs.

73,
Paul EI5DI