[UK-CONTEST] Is it time for contest sponsors to introduce anident rule?

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Tue Jul 31 04:25:11 PDT 2012

On 31/07/2012 10:41, Roger Western wrote:

> Maybe peer pressure would help: send the worst offenders a brief e-mail
> explaining why you are annoyed.

I have sympathy with this point of view, but the chance
of the email approach making any difference is remote.
No rule is being broken - so it's all above board.

Why should anyone ever ID for as long as they have
constant callers?  Once again, it IS a contest.

> If they received many such e-mails after the
> contest maybe they would mend their ways, or at least their selfish
> attitudes.

Isn't it the same selfish attitude that makes some contesters
send or speak faster, or invest in better antennas?

> This situation needs a bottom-up culture shift but contest
> sponsors could at least publicly criticise this tactic.

I suggest it's the acceptance of the internet as just
another contesting tool that is the root of the problem.
There is no point in contest sponsors taking about the
problem, or saying please don't do it.  Why not introduce
a rule that can and will be enforced?   Have contest
sponsors the will and the means to enforce such a rule?
I think the answer is "No", but I'd be happy to be proved
wrong.

73,
Paul EI5DI