[UK-CONTEST] NFD 2012 - GU4YOX/P

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Tue Jun 5 05:03:05 PDT 2012

Indeed, that is the problem in doing single band hf entries from GU...
and also applied to GI. From here in southern England it is very rare
to have any propagation on 20m to most of the rest of G apart from
northern GM. I did listen for GI0AAA/P when I saw them spotted but
there was zilch copy. I guess for NFD, where the aim is presumably to
work UK /P stations, a single bander on 40m or 80m would be better.

I was rather hoping to grab a GU/GJ/GD slot on 80m at Sunday dawn (as I
still need all of them for 2012 countries) but heard nothing - and
nothing much else on 80m for that matter. I ended up with working no
NFD stations at all as sporadic E was missing as well.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com