[UK-CONTEST] Start & End Times

Tony G4NBS tony.nbs at btinternet.com
Thu Jun 7 13:08:48 PDT 2012

I'm with Bob on this one Paul (having served on VHFCC Eons ago..)

On VHF we give REAL reports and (used to?) accept sometimes it takes a
couple of minutes to complete a QSO.
HF is different - maybe 4 QSO's in a minute without unneccessary information
(such as callsign, QTH and a meaningful report) being exchanged.

So perhaps VHF contesting needs to be treated slightly different to HF when
considering rule changes.

Certainly as a VHF only contester I don't remember being told that I must
only accept 59 or been made aware of the instant cutoff of a QSO at the end.

Like Bob says GJV logged the start of the QSO, but Minos the end - many's
the time I've had to go back and edit the time as I forgot to hit the enter
key...

73
Tony