[UK-CONTEST] CW Skimmer bandwidth (for VHF contest use)

Tim Hugill tim04 at swandhams.com
Fri Jun 8 01:14:27 PDT 2012

Hello all,

Sorry if this appears off-topic, but there are a lot of experienced CW ops
on this board, and hopefully someone can help.

I've been playing around with (and had some success with) CW Skimmer and a
FunCube Dongle SDR, to be able to monitor for CW on the VHF bands on a local
rig.
I understand that Skimmer will only display and decode 24kHz of bandwidth,
regardless of what your SDR is capable of.
But my setup is only showing 16kHz of scrollable bandwidth on the screen,
and I can't work out why I cannot see any more than that.

Does anyone know what the limiting factors are on the displayed bandwidth in
CW Skimmer ?

Thanks & 73

Tim  G4FJK