[UK-CONTEST] Those PAs in the 80m CCs...

PG7V pg7v at cqcontest.eu
Sun Jun 10 13:22:05 PDT 2012

You figured it out quite right Nigel.  The VERON "department contest"
started way before 2007, but since that year we use a webbased
application for the scoring process.
The first contestmanager was Jan PG2AA, I took over in August 2007.
When it started, one of the goals was to promote HF-contesting. I think
we really succeeded in that. There are always a lot of PA-stations
participating in almost every contest. The RSGB 80m CCs are popular,
because these are contests with a lot of participants. In a short time
you can make a lot of QSO's and earn points for your department.
We are not the only country with such a competition, in Sweden they have
something like that. So that's why most of the time some Swedish
stations are participating in the 80m CCs. It is called "HF-Cup":
http://www.hfcup.se/

This summer I will hand over the contest management to Wino, PA0ABM.
Ofcourse I will keep on contesting myself and participate in the 80m
CC's (CW) every now and then.
CU in the next contest!

--
73, JanJaap PG7V ("Jan" on the radio)