[UK-CONTEST] 6m Test

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Sat Jun 23 04:48:51 PDT 2012

SDV supports this contest, and is free from
www.ei5di.com.

If you already have SD installed, you should
install SDV in a separate folder - I suggest
C:\SDV - by adding V to the default C:\SD
during installation.

Since this is a single-band, CW-only event
with no band or mode changes, rig control is
not necessary.

To change the size of SDV's window, read the
information on the opening screen.

Start SDV by from its desktop shortcut icon.
Give it any suitable contest name, say RSGB5012,
and choose Contest Type 1 (no Multipliers).
Enter your 6-character locater, and accept the
remaining defaults on the next screen.

Set Band to 50 MHz and Mode to CW.
Answer N to Separate Serials By Band?
Answer N to "Work same station all modes?

This takes you to the logging screen. Use the
PORTS command to define a COM port for SDV's
internal keyer or for WinKey.  Ignore any
questions related to Control Ports for your
rig - as rig control is not supported.

The default logging option is for variable
RST Sent.  If you're always going to send
599, use the RST command once.  This makes
data entry much faster - it is a contest,
after all :-)  Use Enter, not Tab or Space,
after every field.

After the contest, use SDVCHECK to create your
log - select the RSGB Entry File option - it
will have a .LOG extension, as in RSGB5012.LOG.
Next, use the RSGB Cover Sheet option to
creste the corresponding file RSGB5012.COV.

Upload both files at
www.rsgbcc.org/cgi-bin/vhfenter.pl?Contest=50MHz Contest CW&year=2012

SDV is unsupported in that I have no plans to
update it - but it works nicely (and has for
more than 15 years) and I'm happy to answer
questions - to pokane at ei5di.com

73,
Paul EI5DI