[UK-CONTEST] EA6/G3SZU in the 6m test

John Muzyka g4rcg at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jun 24 08:26:11 PDT 2012

Hi All
I dont know how many worked Keith EA6/G3SZU on his hols today in the 6m contest? I managed him and after entering my log on the Robot it gives you the option of looking at the contacts on a map, well Keith's Locator he gave put him somewhere near Sardinia I knew I got it right as he was so strong, so I emailed him to check what he had given. He is quite upset that he found out the square he was giving was in fact incorrect (he got it from his Blackberry) I have suggested that he contacts the contest committee to explain why he was sending it wrong so that all the stations that he worked would not be penalised.
He is really very sorry for his mistake and hope the CC will not penalise every one for his mistake

Besides that my attempt at my 1st 6m contest was a right disaster, I have been playing around with N1MM  for the past few days and I thought I had got it working great for this test, not so, Murphy was at me from the start.
I started up N1MM  ten min's before the start to find that it would not key the rig, winkey refused to work, (yes it was switched on in N1MM) in a fit and panic tried every thing I could think of, it had been working before I got rig control working on it. Anyway to cut a long story short I ended up at 10.20 switching to SDV (Thanks Paul EI5DI) and keying manually for the whole test. I am going to have a play around tonight and see what was wrong.

I thought it was extremly slow going with only a few EU stations worked.
John G4RCG
42 Qso's (best being EA6/G3SZU)
12037 points accoring to SDV
TS590