[UK-CONTEST] UBNs - ARRL DX CW

Tony (GW8ASD) gw8asd at ses-audio.co.uk
Wed Jun 27 08:39:45 PDT 2012

If anyone is filling in their logs expecting a constant string of 59 off me,
in a contest, there will be a lot of invalid QSOs.
If you are difficult to copy you may well get a 32 report.
Whereas giving a "real report" isn't a scientific measurement it is a more
realistic representation of a QSO.
My observation of some HF contests is that they are, sometimes, much more of
an educated guess than a log entry based on confirmed passing of
information.
I've never understood the exchanges that are just a callsign.
Even adding the CQ zone doesn't increase the difficulty.

The VHF contests, with report, serial number, locator (six figures) and
often other information to pass, are much more of a challenge and more
representative of amateur radio.

Cheers

Tony

GW8ASD