[UK-CONTEST] AFS

David Cree daveg3tbk at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 5 15:13:49 PST 2012

Ken,

I fail to see what difference listing the type of Linear used would
achieve. You would still have to trust people to run them at the correct
power level.

As for more sections - what about QRP-ers, what about people with small
gardens - seems to me the logical conclusion of following your thoughts
is a Contest where all must win and efforts to improve one's Station are
to be penalised.

I do however feel this is a contest which could benefit from a maximum
100 watt power limit as that would help reduce the QRM, especially in
the SSB section, and as you say it is not a DX Contest and we are not
competing with QRO European Stations. If that were the case I would
happily switch off my ancient Tokyo HL-2K Linear driven with 20 watts to
give 400 out.

Dave G3TBK