[UK-CONTEST] BERU 2012 - GB75CC

Chris Tran GM3WOJ zl1ct1 at gm7v.com
Mon Mar 12 06:24:44 PDT 2012

Thanks to everyone who worked GB75CC in BERU 2012.

Like others, our expectations were low because of the recent Solar turmoil,
but we were pleasantly surprised at how relatively good conditions were.

GB75CC made 1026 QSOs, composed of 756 UK QSOs (with 262 different UK
callsigns) and 270 DX QSOs.

In 2010, GB5CC made only 24 QSOs on 10m, with 7 DXCC entities.  In 2011,
GB5CC made only 20 QSOs on 10m, with 5 DXCC entities. This year, GB75CC made
203 QSOs on 10m, with 27 DXCC entities.

Low points :
1. Disappointing turn-out of HQ stations - in 2010 I made 11 QSOs with other
HQs, in 2011 I made 5 QSOs with other HQs and in 2012 we only made 2 QSOs
with other HQ stations.
2. Activity from VE seemed poorer than previous years.
3. Some contesting advice for G3UJE who QRMed us on 20m = make sure you have
worked a mult on that band before causing QRM !

High points :
1.  Always great fun being an HQ station in any contest.
2.  Very amused to call an old friend GM4xxx and be told 'No G, No G' then
work him a few minutes later further up the band !

Lastly - apologies to Mike VP8NO for the 'serial number bingo' - we had some
problems for a few minutes with our logging software issuing numbers.

Thanks to Vic G4BYG for helping operate GB75CC - all QSOs will be on ClubLog
and LoTW in the next few days.

73
Chris
GM3WOJ / ZL1CT