[UK-CONTEST] VHF NFD - Any Rule Changes ?

Ray James gm4cxm at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 22 05:44:03 PDT 2012

With a choice of using 4 bands out of 5, it appears 23cm will always remain the easy option a group will drop unless there is some encouragement.

Considering how popular the 23cm UKAC has become and the increasing numbers equipped and attracted to use it, perhaps the time has come to make it 5 bands out of 5 during VHF FD now?
There should be far less pressure than there used to be to put together a competitive 23cm station.

The UK Microwave Group ran a new Microwave Field Day last year on 23cm and 3cm and this years event takes place on Sunday August 5th between 09.00 and 17.00.
Details at http://www.microwavers.org/ and go to "Contests".
The Whithorn CG (GM3SEK, GM4CXM and GM0USI) won last years first event and would welcome even more activity as awareness of the contest grows.

This year I hope to go down a day earlier (if okay with Ian!) and enter the 2m Low Power on the Saturday. Anyone planning to do the 70cm Low Power on the Sunday could also be joined by a 23cm and/or 3cm station and kill two birds with one stone.

73 Ray GM4CXM