[UK-CONTEST] WPX CW G3YMC SOAB QRP

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Tue May 29 08:25:16 PDT 2012

And now something from those at the other end of the ladder...

      160m  80m  40m  20m  15m  10m  Total
QSOs:    0   16  150  185  277   79   707
Mults:   0    7  107   94  156   26   390
Points:  0   28  369  211  465   91  1164

Claimed score 453,960

Having a poor antenna for 80m and none for 160m I had decided to forego
the night shift so operated from 0400-2100z for each day, with a good
night's sleep in between and leisurely 1 hour lunch and tea breaks.
Long gone are the times I could operate right through the small
hours... As it happens, like most I found conditions on 15m excellent
and found it difficult to move away from there. Hence I probably missed
some of the openings on 10m - sporadic E was a bit patchy and I failed
to work much DX on 10. On QRP with low antennas I obviously didn't work
the longer distance stuff those of you with beams worked, but I
consider I did reasonably well. It was certainly nice to call stuff
like HK1NA, 6V7S etc and get through first call whereas in normal day
to day DXing there would have been a knee deep pileup on them.... 100%
search and pounce.

Equipment:
Elecraft K2 at 5W
65 foot longwire