[VHFcontesting] 6 Meter Antennas

jon jones n0jk at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 3 18:26:03 EDT 2001

At the WB0DRL contest station (EM18) we had good results on 6 Meters In the
June VHF QSO Party with a single Cushcraft Boomer at 75 feet and a 6 el.
Hygain at 40 feet pointed west. The 'DRL station sits in a hill with
negative horizon in all directions except due west. Almost all of our Es
QSOs were single hop, so a stack probably not needed. Did OK on mult-hop Es,
with QSOs into the Carib., Central America, KL7 and JA. The lower yagi never
seemed better than the high one, even on short Es to Colorado. The higher
yagi was definitely better on Es to California.