[VHFcontesting] Re: Mobile antenna question

Joe Crawford crawfish at surfmore.net
Fri Dec 14 19:47:02 EST 2001

>From 20 years of experimenting, I have found that there is virtually no difference between vertical and horizontal antennas on E-skip and F2.However, on groundwave(up to 60 miles), it DEFINITELY makes a BIG difference! BTW, there is a company making a 3-ring halo for 6! I have the M2 Sqloop on 6m and a Pro-Am(similar to Lakeview)vertical both resonant on the low end of 6.Good luck with the 54 inch vertical!
                                                    Joe W4AAB EM65
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Donald Huntington
  To: Cboone at earthlink.net
  Cc: vhfcontesting at contesting.com
  Sent: Friday, December 14, 2001 5:10 PM
  Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Re: Mobile antenna question

  hi Chris, the ball and spring will be a vertical antenna but a very rugged one. Cut the whip to around 54 inches for six. So what if its vertical, it will work. Maybe aa few db down from a saturn ssix but it will work. Give it a try. If you don't likthe way it works, you have a FB mount for any HF antenna you want to put on it. Drilling the hole only hurts once! Good luck and Merry Christmas.  73, Don K1DH  k1dh1 at hotmail.com