[VHFcontesting] The K1DS rover

Rick R rick1ds at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 25 21:12:45 EDT 2001

Here is a peek at the rover in June in FN10XX There is a parking lot at the
top of a hill behind a building on the campus of the Penn State U extension
in Hazeltine, PA. There was no-one on the campus late Sunday PM, and I
easily made QSOs thru 3G toward the Northeast, south and west. I did put up
the 5G and 10G dishes on the mounts in the rear before the picture was
snapped, but they were right at the tree-line level and I was not able to
connect with other stations on those bands facing north or east. 73, Rick,
K1DS