[VHFcontesting] Re: [WSVHF] FT- 100 D

Jim Worsham wa4kxy at bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 24 23:32:30 EST 2001

It is an OK rig for casual use but I wouldn't consider it a serious
contesting radio if that is what you are looking for.  Sensitivity on 144
and 432 MHz seems not quit what it should be and if you have any loud big
guns around you can forget about using it during a contest or big band
opening.  I have one that I keep in the shack.  I use it as a backup to my
usual rigs and transverters, chat with the locals and monitor the local
repeaters.  Take it mobile/portable sometime and that is fun.  The TX output
powers are all independently variable on HF, 6, 2 and 432 via items in the
menu.  I hope that this helps.

73
Jim W4KXY
w4kxy at bellsouth.net